Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shameless

Okay, normally, I am not the type to do this, but I can't help myself this time. Recently, I submitted one of my poems, Temptation, to poetry.com. I've been getting e-mails from them the last couple of weeks. The first one was a notification that I had been chosen as a Poet Fellow for 2007, and inviting me to join the Poet Fellows Society. And of course, I could purchase the pin and medal commemorating this event. I kinda shook my head, and thought "Yeah, whatever" and went on with my day. A day later, I got an e-mail saying Temptation had been selected to receive the Editor's Choice Award, and my poem would be in the next anthology. They also want to include it on the CD set. Again, I shook my head and did a "yeah, whatever". Poetry.com sent me the same e-mail a second time, then sent another one about getting a plaque and offering membership in the International Society of Poets.
Today, when I went to the mailbox, I found a letter from Poetry.com. They are definitely publishing my poem in an anthology. According to the letter, the anthology Immortal Verses will be available in winter 2008. I am also moving forward a step in the competition. So now I am excited. This is the first time I have ever submitted something I wrote, so this is a big deal to me. If you want to read what I submitted, click here. Don't mind me, I'll just be sitting in my chair, grinning. :D

2 comments:

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)