Friday, October 19, 2007

Nobody ever said it was fair!

No One Gets Out Alive

A toss of the dice
The gods, rolling bones
As always, I lose

Place your bets
Play the game and
Take your chances
With Fate
Damn! Snake eyes
Better luck next time, pretty lady

So you ride the Wheel again
Always choosing
Always gambling
The ultimate game
Life

Just remember...
The gods cheat!

4 comments:

  1. thanks darlin
    this one is funny to me
    if you like the image of the gods playing dice with your life, read some of terry pratchett's discworld stuff. the books with rincewind show the gods playing a really screwy board game with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school I was in a play called "The Game", with a similar theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And every once in a while, it comes up sevens and you beat the house! :D

    (had to come back to this post after reading the two latest, lol)

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)