Saturday, October 6, 2007

It's that time of year again

Paean

The land welcomes me
Earth Mother opens Her
arms to embrace this child
Life follows Her
rhythms and by Her
we are blessed
from the Goddess we
come and to Her we
shall return
Life to Life and
back again.

Maybe this piece would be more appropriate for Spring, but truthfully, I needed the reminder that Autumn is an important part of the cycle. Harvest, celebrate, and get ready to rest for winter. Honor those who are gone, and look toward renewal. It's not here yet, but everyday it's closer. You can't have life without death, harvest without planting. Autumn and winter are necessary for spring and summer. Besides, who can resist crunching through piles of leaves and lighting bonfires?

3 comments:

  1. mmm. Thanks, M-A. Beautiful words are like a balm.

    One of reasons I living where I do is autumn. The leaves are about to turn, and my whole world will soon be aflame with color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome, and thank you - but i'm not rubbing any balm anywhere! we don't get much of a color change here, but those that do flame look wonderful against so many pines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, fair enough. I'll keep my balm and similes to myself, lol.

    The piney woods have a beauty all their own...as long as they don't actually flame!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)