Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Well, it amuses me anyway

I would like to know where, in the Big Book o' Universal Laws, it says "M-A should spend an inordinate amount of time on her knees while at work." Cuz I'm gonna take a razor and slice that page out. I work at a book store, ferfuckssake. You'd think that would be a nice, quiet little job. And it probably would be except it's me, the person who can manage to do something silly or embarassing in the least likely circumstances.
The other day a customer came in looking for some old, out of print books. I'm blaming him for the entire thing, because really, what kind of grown man wants Lone Ranger books? (Joking there, I've been asked for stranger from stranger) So I tell him where to find them, he can't find them, I go back there to find them. If we had any, they'd have been on the bottom shelf on the sci-fi aisle (don't ask me why, that's just where we put them). Which is where me on my knees comes in. So there I is, on my knees, ankles crossed, checking the shelves. Didn't see any, but we've got stuff stacked on the floor a little further down the aisle. Instead of getting up and moving like anybody with common sense would do, I sat back on my heels, twisted my upper body around and leeeaaannneeedd over to look. Not at all a professional pose, unless you're a human pretzel. I turned my head to tell the guy I didn't see any and he is looking at me like I am outside my mind. And apparently I am, because I only then realized exactly what I looked like to the guy standing over me.

At least I managed to untwist and stand up gracefully. In heels, at that.

3 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHHA That is AWESOME!

    I have gotten myself into umm strange situations like hat as well. All you cand o is try to remove yourself gracefully, like you did. And then blog about it later so we can all *giggle* nonstop.

    I can just see the lone ranger fetishists all excited now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HO Silver and away!!!

    Oh honey you made me laugh loud enough for everyone nearby to hear. ( HA! that was me. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. saysh - ya know, that last lil creepy thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks lovey.

    and i told my wonderful BL about this - she said well was he at least young and cute. (he was) then she laughed at me.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)