Thursday, January 17, 2008

Escapism

Illusions
Once upon a time...
Hush! It's only a tale
and happily ever after
naught but an empty promise
Silver knights in
enchanted castles
fair maidens, a quest
a sword, a dragon
Nothing but dreams
to weave beside the fire
As we grow old
and forget the fantasies
of childhood.
I wish I could remember mine.


If you're interested in reading more of my poetry, click the poetry label under this post. There's also a list of labels further down the right side of the page. Also, because I'm not comfortable doing this anywhere but here in my own space, I'm including links to both of my submissions at Poetry.com.
Temptation (my first entry)
Elegy (which can be rated also, even though it's not eligible for the big contest)

4 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot!

    Makes me never want to grow up ;) because you know I haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl
    some days i regress - i have to be a grown up today tho, yick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that longing, sometimes, too. I think it's ok, even beneficial to give in to it every once in a while. ;)

    Oh, and thanks for the link! *is getting around to adding links sometime soon*

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks darling m-a,
    for the poetry and for the link, and for your well-balanced, funny, cyber-self.

    this PAN thing is eating up a lot of my time, but it's turning into a really nice community. :-)

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)