Thursday, November 8, 2007

I feel like I'm working in daycare

The highlight of my day (so far) was overhearing this conversation at the store:
#1: Quit shoving me!
#2: Well, you shoved me first!
#1: No I didn't, I was trying to catch you before you
fell!
#2: I wouldn't lose my balance if you weren't climbing
all over the top of me!
#1: I did not!
#2: You did!
It went downhill from there. The two participants were 70+ year old women. Who came in together. And looked so much alike they had to be related.
The other eye roll was for the lady who said "These were on the 2/$1 rack but I don't know if they are 50 cents each."
Good god people, WHY must you lick your fingers to count money? Do you really think I want to touch something you've spit on? Damn, that is just gross. And then you stop halfway through and lick your fingers again. I guess you have no idea how many disgusting little critters are all over that crumpled, stained 10 year old dollar bill.
I'm nominating all three for the list.
I swear I'm gonna puke on the next person who says "The customer is always right!" to me. No, you aren't right. L'Amour did not write Streets of Laredo, and we don't have to order anything you want. Some people walk in here with the worst attitudes. I try to be polite, but when you start cursing at me I'm going to turn around and walk away. Keep it up and you'll be removed from the premises. And I'll smile and wave bye-bye when the nice policeman takes you away!
Yeesh, some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)