Sunday, September 14, 2008

Not too bad

Gustav wasn't too bad for me, other than the week without power. Taking ice cold showers by flashlight was a pain.
I took a few (fairly bad) pics. If you want to see some great pics, go over to Amy_D's flickr page. She's an awesome and incredibly talented photographer (she's also a great friend).
(That's not a river, that's the ditch alongside the highway)
(The trail riders' pavilion, the day after the storm)
(One of the many trees down)
That's the closest anything came to falling on my house - the end of the big branch in the background ended up a few feet from the back corner of the house. Guess that wind was good for something.
The bug that got in my house while the power was out. Creepy lil bugger, took me forever to catch him and put him outside.


I missed a week of work because of Gustav, so I've put in extra hours and brought work home to make up the time. Since I had that as an excuse, I haven't done the stuff around the house that needed to be done. Like yard work, which I hate. It worked out pretty well though. My younger brother, Toothpick, called me this morning and offered to do the yard work. Yay! So he cut the grass, hit the corners and such with a weed-eater, cleaned the porch and even helped pull down and untangle the windchimes. Thank heavens for my little brother with the big heart.
(Toothpick, hard at work)
I've still got a box and a half of audio books to work on, not to mention the other stuff. Guess I'd better get back to work.
And, yes we did have to push the wedding date back because of the storm. So now the big day is September 30th. Unless something else happens.

4 comments:

  1. Those photos look fine to me, M-A. A week of cold showers and a dark house... well, it could have been worse, but (((shudder))). Good luck for Sept 30th. Fingers crossed ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. M-A,

    I know the storm was a whopper,you got some great pictures. Thank God for little brother, I always wish I had one.

    Best Yet, in THREE DAYS!!! You will make a Beautiful Bride! I wish you all the happiness that My Mr. and I have had. I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, hon. Would you wanna go to a comedy show with me on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)