One of the things I enjoy so much about living in the South is that warm weather comes earlier and stays later here. So, for all my friends enduring icy, dreary weather, here's a little sunshine for y'all.
Tulip magnolias from two different trees. The one above is from the zoo, below is near my home.
Kumquats. Soo good. Right around the corner from my house.

I just liked the contrast of red berries and green leaves against that drab, gray wall.

Hope y'all enjoyed this. Wishing everyone warm winds and blue skies. Hugs.
Thanks for the flowers, morpho! I'm struggling with the worst winter blahs I've had in years. I'm glad to know it's spring somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what constitutes "warm" but I'm pretty sure this ain't it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pictures, though. I love the first one - it's beautiful! Too bad our flowers are going to buried under a foot of snow by morning :)
Hey MA, strange coincidence. I took some pictures of the tulip magnolia on Tuesday, not having looked at your blog and not knowing what they were. I was describing the tree and flowers to Wade and ‘Glo to try to figure out what is was. Later that day, Wade told me to check your blog to see if your pix were of my mystery tree! Here’s a link to a few of mine:
ReplyDeleteFeeling Centered:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2246667168_67621b1848_b.jpg
and Untitled:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2212/2246668086_bcc964ac14_b.jpg
i took all those pics sunday,Feb 3. i saw when y'all were talking about it,thought it might have been the same flower. kinda neat to know that someone like you(who has the eye) saw the same thing i did, how gorgeous these flowers are. your pics are much much better than mine. you have a lot of talent in photography, hope you keep it up and keep sharing.
ReplyDelete